LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     03 June 2021

Conflict in plan attached to sale deed and physical size

I own a plot which had three names in the local ownership form.  These three names were of the original owner, of another buyer and me. 

Me and the other buyer have our sale deeds.  The second buyer partitioned his plot and got a line drawn on the survey plan to separate his plot from the rest of the plot. That leaves me and the original owner. I am about to file my partition application. I find that after the partition of the second buyer, my plot dimension is slightly more on land then on paper. The owner has marked on my sale deed, on the plan, a line that says that x sq. mtrs on the other side belongs to the second buyer but the length left now on my side after partitioning x sq. mtrs, is more than the length on the sale deed. Who can claim ownership to this "extra" strip? 

Learning

3 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     03 June 2021

Better to consult a local lawyer and act accordingly 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 June 2021

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2021

First you apply for survey of the property and for marking the property with clear demarcation.

The government surveyor with the help of the village revenue officer would survey and demarcate the property as per each individual's documents and records held by the revenue department.

After that you can ascertain if there was any extra land available  and to whom it belongs.

Thus without surveying the land by government surveyor, you cannot conclude on the excess land.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register