Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anguluri Annappa (Retired)     23 May 2021

House in the name of grandfather. he died in 1960 intestate.

Sir,  My Grandfather purchased a house in 1959. He died intestate in 1960. He got 3 sons and 5 daughters.

In 1980 the three sons reached an agreement to relinquish the rights on the house property to the elder son.

But the agreement not registered.  The house was not even registered in the name of the elder son. Now 

my query is that who are the legal heirs to the above property.

A. Annappa

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 May 2021

.It is your ancestral property. So all sons and daughters have equal rights on it. An ancestral property is a property acquired by your great grandfather (Hindu) which has been passed down from generation to generation (your grandfather and father) up to the present generation (you) without being divided or partitioned by your family.Succession certificate from the court is very much needed to register the property. 

Anguluri Annappa (Retired)     23 May 2021

Thank you very much sir for your clarification. In this case, out of 8  ( sons, daughters )  5 ( 2 sons  and , 3 Daughters )

expired.  so, I believe the share of the deceased heirs be divided among their children. Please clarify. Thank you once again

Annappa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register