Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita Saxena   17 May 2021

Marriage registration and property

Hello,
I'm from Bihar and getting married with a boy from Uttarakhand. My faimly is not happy with the marriage and forcing me not to marry but finally getting married.

My brother forcing me to register marrige from Bihar and he told this to boy also to register marrige in Bihar.

I'm doubting on one thing. Why he is forcing? is it possible to mention in marriage registration form that "" Girl will not have any right in property after marriage or sumthing?"""

from which location marrige registration will good... Boy from Uttarakhand and I'm from Bihar... is registration state matter,??

kindly guide me in this regard..

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Sagar Verma (Lawyer)     17 May 2021

Registration can be done at both the place with the condition that the girl or boy must be residing for at least 6 months before marriage in the same place. Also address proof and identity proof is to be submitted for the same. As far as property is concerned, girls have equal right in the property.
For more details/advice you can contact for online consultation.
Adv. Sagar Verma (Bombay High Court)
advsagarverma.official@gmail.com

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     17 May 2021

Please take note that Marriage Registration Form cannot have any clause to deprive you from your property. As the Groom resides in Uttarakhand and you reside in Bihar,therefore,the marriage registration can either be done at Uttarakhand or in Bihar so it's upto you. As per Law both of you have to give notice to the Marriage Registration Officer of the District in which at least one of you must have stayed for 30 days immediately before the date when the notice is served.  

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     17 May 2021

Your brother given good suggestion . The registration is a shield to protect your matrimonial life. For registration you need to comply certain norms as specified in the forms.  as pointed by the experts Mr.Sagar and Ms.Sinjari

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register