Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prathap B V (Advance Associate)     03 May 2021

Company filed a criminal case twowards employee

Hi

I was working company and when I was in notice period I opened a new business caused alliagation by previous employer stating i steal there data and clients..

they failed both criminal case and OS ...

Now OS moved to Commercial court where both the parties are comprised agreed to settlement by paying xxx amount....

Now how will my criminal case can quashed as my OS is settled...

please help.

Learning

8 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     04 May 2021

The problem with Criminal cases is that once the case is registered and FIR is issued, such a case becomes People of India versus the accused person. Both complainant and the accused stand equal in Criminal Court. Both the parties can attempt mutual consent withdrawing the criminal charges, duly quoting the settlement already permitted in Civil Court.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 May 2021

Criminal case means FIR has been registered ? If so, get it quashed through the lawyer engaged / paid by you.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     04 May 2021

I do stand with experts

prathap B V (Advance Associate)     04 May 2021

Yes FIR HAS BEEN registered and charge sheet has been failed on criminal case...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2021

You may file a petition under section 482 cr.p.c. before high court to quash the charge sheet for the reasons you rely upon with the supporting documents to strengthen your pleadings in the quash petition including the pleadings about the compromise settlement of the similar case in civil court  otherwise you can challenge the same in trial court relying upon the evidences in your support.

Thank you very much for your response

Belowis settlement draft below are my questions:

1)Points discussed in selttelment agreement is sufficient quash criminal case....? Please let any more points needed.

2) Or we need move this to lok Adalat settel there and and than file petition in highcourt for quash.

3) why need to pay the settlement amount  first and than go for joint memo, instead I can submit check in front of the court and go for joint momo ... Or any other options.. please suggest

The said terms and Conditions are as follows

1. A full and final settlement of Rs.xxxxxx/- will be payed by our clients in favour of xxxx Company Located in xxxx 

2. Once the said amount is credited, both the parties will file a joint memo in that regard before the Commercial Court and close the present suit.

3. Similarly in the criminal case pending as against our clients, both the parties will approach the Hon’ble High Court  by filing a petition under Section 482 of Crpc thereby seeking Quashing of the said FIR and Chargesheet.

4. A ‘No due Certificate’ to be issued by the xxx Company relieving both of our clients from any future obligations with respect to the said matter.

5. A ‘No objection’ memo to be issued by the xxxx Company before the Hon’ble Magistrate Court for defreezing the Accounts held by Mr. Xxx Mr.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 May 2021

The settlement itself provide for approaching the High Court under the provisions of Section 482 CrPC. As such, any suggestion would be superfluous.

Thank you.... Just want make sure it is correct way 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register