LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Megh SIngh (Student)     22 April 2021

Land claim

So my grandad bought a vacant plot in 1965 in the name of my grandma with registered sale deed. EC from 1965- 1980 shows her name in the main SRO and then the area got a new sub register office and from 1980-2021 it shows nil encumbrance(manual with boundaries) in the new SRO. Now when i check online with survey and plot number ( No boundaries)  there happens to be 2 transactions on it one in 2003 another in 2014 one half of property being sale deed (claiming its ancestral property) with no link document and another half gift from husband to wife ( Claiming ancestral property) ( I applied for cc of those documents and have them). We got to know about this property in 2020 since my grandad lost the original document during 1970's and both grandparents passes away during early 80's and applied for certified copy and got it translated. Now all the living heirs want to claim the property back. Is there any legal way to claim property back or is it past limitation?

Please Help

Learning

1 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     24 April 2021

If the title is in your Granddad till this date then you can approach the Sub-Registrar office with all documents with the support of local lawyer and ascertain the facts

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register