LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ratna   13 April 2021

Query

Sir, My parents were falsely convicted of dowry case.
Now I got job in public sector bank.
Does this effect/cause any problems during police verification.
Please do reply as soon as possible sir..

Please

Learning

4 Replies

JINALI SHAH   13 April 2021

Hello Ratna, 

Firstly, your concerns are true if any family member is convicted for a crime even though falsely still it impacts us in many ways. When it comes to jobs whether in the public sector or private sector background checks are done by many organisations or company. 

But the background check of the employee is done who is applying for the job. They would usually check your academic and educational qualifications, prior work history or experience (if any), address and credit scores and most importantly, YOUR legal & criminal records and not your parent's criminal records. 

Here the important thing is in the dowry case if only your parents were convicted and not you then it shall not necessarily affect you while seeking a job. If you weren't named as one of the parties in this case and your name wasn't involved then you shall not be disqualified.

Even if your name was initially as one of the accused in this case but ultimately you were pronounced as innocent and you did not get convicted also got clear from any charges against you I.e. you got a clean chit from the court then again this won't affect while seeking a job.

So police will verify only your background and not your parent's background. They will check whether you have had any criminal charges and if you had whether it's clear and have you been acquitted from the charges. If there were never any civil or criminal charges against you then you don't need to worry.  

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 April 2021

only parents then you need not worries, Are you disclosed the facts to the authorly while selection? 

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 April 2021

1. IF you are not convicted, THEN Police Report will not mention about any other person/s, whosoever....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

Ratna   13 April 2021

Thank you so much sir.

I was afraid of the same thing.now am quite relieve.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register