Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Mysore (no)     08 April 2021

A mother is eligible to ask maintainance?

Hi Sir/Madam,
A mother who doesn't care her son from 22 years from his childhood, is she eligible to ask maintainance from that son after 22 years?
she left her son when he was 13years old boy & he grew under his father care & struggled lot to grow, because his father was facing maintainance & divorce case from her & his father didn't help his son education, because of financial problems & wife court cases.
Now that son is completed engineering by doing part time work in a hotel & with the help of his friend father. He is now earning. Her mother filed a maintainance case against him.
is she eligible to get maintainance from her son, even she doesn't care from his childhood.
someone please answer.

Thank you

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 April 2021

Even she will get a divorce case against your father, you are her son. Don't forget it.  Your mother's case is not yet finalised as per your query.  so as a son, you are responsible to maintain her under the Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act. Now you are earning.  please provide some help to your mother.  The next choice is yours.

Kumar Mysore (no)     08 April 2021

Hi Sir,

she is already divorced from my father & my father is no more now. If she gave a birth is enough?, she no need to care her son?
I know how much I struggled from 22 years. I washed vessels in a hotel for one time food once upon a day. She was living happily from 22 years, bec she was getting maintainance from my father & her parents & brothers are well settled.she had enough money. only she is taking revenge against me, because I stood with my father & witnessed in the divorce case & given statement about her bad characters.
Its just my fate that is I borned as her son.
Anyway thanks for your reply Sir.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 April 2021

It is not material here that your mother has taken divorce or not , material thing is that you are her son and moraly bound to maintain her and she is entitled to get maintenance from you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register