Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   29 March 2021

E-campaign compliance portal - high value information not in

Hi,

I have just got a SMS stating that "The Income Tax Department has identified high value information which does not appear to be in line with the Income Tax Return filed for Assessment Year 2020-21 (relating to FY 2019-20). Please revise ITR / submit online response under e-Campaign tab on Compliance Portal (CP). Access CP by logging into e-filing portal and clicking on 'Compliance Portal' link under 'My Account'  or 'Compliance' tab  - ITD". 

I have checked in Compliance Portal. It seems interest income from Savings Account/TD close to 70k from all bank accounts. I don't seem to find anything in Form 26as. Not sure how to check may be in bank statements? 
Do I need to respond? If yes, how to validate the information and what to respond if not clear. 

By any chance, I need to re-file the return in worst case? 

Any prompt response would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 March 2021

Only a practicing tax expert/ Chartered Accountant can guide you properly in the matter.  IT dept has a grievance resolution online process and customer care centers, you can approach them for a detailed future action to be taken by you.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 March 2021

If you are the person got the mail from the Income Tax department  and then just reply by the same compliance portal . If further doubt on your income on interest then you  can obtain the details from the banker which you have deposits 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register