LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaik Jannath   10 March 2021

Regarding grand father property

Do grand children have any rights on grand fathers property, if father died before grand father as per sharia. If not, can my widow mother claim for my father's share on my grand father property?

Learning

1 Replies

Nirali Nayak   30 May 2021

Hello sir, greetings of the day. 
A grandson has rights on his grandfather's ancestral property by birth. The death of his father or grandfather has nothing to do with this fact. Since birth, the grandson owns a share in his grandfather's property already. The distribution of property is done in such a way that each of the shares further gets divided into successive generations. If no will is present to justify the inheritance then in that case, A grandchild can inherit their grandparent's property only when their parent through whom they are related to that grandparent has died before that grandparent. If such a case arises, the share of the grandfather's property the parent in question would have inherited if they were alive will be divided amongst the mother, provided she is alive and the grandchild and their siblings. The shares would be equally divided among the siblings, and the mother. Where all the siblings will both get equal shares. The distribution of the grandfather's property among his grandchildren depends majorly on the type of property his grandfather had. 
Hope this answers your query.
Regards
Nirali Nayak
Law Student

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register