LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kabita Bajpai   10 March 2021

OBC Non Creamy Layer

I want to apply for OBC non creamy layer and want to know about my eligibility for the same. All other criteria are satisfied but I have doubt regarding the following two:

1) Residential Building

We have a 3 storeyed residential building which is being used solely for living purpose. Hence no income is obtained from it.

2) Commercial Building under Construction

We are constructing commercial building. It is under construction and hence no income is obtained from it.

My Question is Whether merely having a "building" in an Urban area exculdes from Non Creamy Layer Benefits OR the "income" from that urban building will be considered? What does National Commission for Backward Classes Report, (V) Property Owners, Part (C) mean?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 March 2021

The rules on the creamy layers differ from state to state.  Just file an application stating facts as per columns in application to the Tehsildar or competent authority, and depending on eligibility either NCL certificate will be issued or rejected stating such reasons.  Finally, in the case of IT Assessees, the income declared for showing such constructions also plays a role.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 March 2021

It is for the competent authority to take the above aspects into consideration and decide the issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register