Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishwa Parab   02 March 2021

Marriage of a divorcee

Sir/ Madam

I am residing in Goa and my fiance is from Jhansi, UP. We are getting legally married in a few days, registering in Goa.

My future Sister in Law is a divorcee and is planning to get married again. She is in the process of looking for rishtas. But after many failures, she has now decided to not disclose information regarding here divorce with the other party. She has also informed the same to the family, which they have agreed upon.

Since I will also be a part of their family after a few days, I don't support this behavior.

I wanted to know if at all my sister in law gets married without disclosing about the divorce, can her future husband take any legal action against my sister in law and her family for this fraud?

If he can, what should I do to safeguard myself and the rest of the family?

Learning

7 Replies

Manu Smriti   02 March 2021

don't worry no legal action can be taken if you keep in touch with a smart lawyer

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 March 2021

Hello,

If your future sister in law concealed the fact that she is divorcee then her future marriage life may get disturbed. Her future husband may also file cases against her. You should not be a part of cheating. 

1 Like

Rishwa Parab   02 March 2021

Dear Sir

Thank you sir for the reply. How can I avoid being a part of this fraud when I will have to attend the wedding or other gatherings? 

VAIBHAV SRIVASTAVA   03 March 2021

yes legal action is possible .
1 Like

Adv.Shukla (advocate )     07 March 2021

Hiding divorce from the new husband would be ground of divorce again .As far as legal action is concerned it may attract sec 415 (Cheating) IPC with imprisonment  up to 1 year or fine or both

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2021

agreed with above views.               

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     21 March 2021

The given facts may attract offence of Cheating under section 420 IPC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register