LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramya   23 February 2021

Notarised gpa valid or not

Hi, My father received a notarised GPA from the plot owner in the year 1993 by paying 28,000 for 2 sites (4500 square feet) in Bangalore. In several days by the time my father adjusted money for registration, that particular plots survery number was under case and it took 15 yrs to clear that court case. Our plot owner only won the case. Once my father reached him to do registration he was like i will do in some months please wait. As that plot owner was my father s friend my father believed him blindly and have paid the property tax on GPA till date and its in my fathers name only. Before 3 months me and my brother came to know this stories and started doing research on that plot and we came to know that 2 plots is sold to some other person in the year 2011 and now they have constructed building in one site and another one is vacant still. When we reached that plot owner he is telling what you were doing keeping GPA these many yrs and he told he can pay only 90,000 rupees for which 1,8 crore value property in todays rate. My father is 68 yrs and owners age is more than 70yrs. Now my question is Is notarised GPA valid as we have not registered that document? If we put case will it stand? How long the case may go as both parties are aged? Please suggest me what can be done as we are financially not strong to spend more money.

Learning

1 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 April 2021

Un registered GPA is invalid 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register