LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Thakur   23 January 2021

gun license

my father bought a gun and the licence is named with my father.now my father is not living us he is suddenly dead.Sir I want this gun licence issued by my name.Then what can I do for this process.please help me

Learning

1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   23 January 2021

As per the situation your father was the licensee and is no more among you. So in such a case where the licensee had died/expired, as a first step the relatives of the deceased (licensee) should come to Arms Licensing branch of the concerned Ministry of home affairs office in the respective districts of New Delhi and submit the death certificate along with the original Arms license.

Weapon deposit permission shall be issued to them by the Licensing Unit for depositing the weapon belonging to the deceased with any authorized arm dealer or with the nearest police station.

Once the firearm is submitted then the legal heir will make the application for transfer to the licensing unit as advice by the authorities.
This procedure will be same as the new license. All verifications, counselling and scrutiny will be done prior to transferring the license.

The essential thing to remember is that the Legal Heirs will include - husband, wife, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother, sister and grandchildren of the licensee or the deceased licensee.

The documents that would be requisite for it are as follows:-

1.) Application form as obtained from respective office,

2.) Death certificate of the licensee (if applicable),

3.) Recent Passport size Photo,

4.) Valid Arm License,

5.) Address Proof,

6.) Ration Card,

7.) Aadhaar Card,

8.) Income Tax Returns,

9.) Pan Card,

10.) Legal Heir Certificate and

11.) Affidavit from other legal heirs for transferring the license to applicant.

A license would be valid for 3 years from the date on which it is granted (unless revoked earlier) and need to be renewed before one month of expiry.

Sometimes the license may be granted for a shorter period also, if the person by whom the license is required desires or if the licensing authority decides. However, it is renewable from time to time (even the authority can ask for renewal in between the renewal period for recording purpose).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register