LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Bank npa

This happened before the process of digitization came into existence within the banks. My father had taken a KCC loan from two banks, using the same property. In 2018, after my father's death, the loan in SBI bank was transferred to me and my brother. This year, a bank officer from Allahabad bank visited us and asked us to close the NPA on the above-mentioned land, but nothing about this was known to us. What will happen in this case? What does the bank mean? What can I do? And what will the bank do?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 January 2021

As a responsible citizen, your duty is to make a visit to the Bank, seek a statement of account and documents executed, as a PSU is our Bank and you may have to approach in case of your future and higher needs.  What the FI can do is not within the knowledge of members as depending on the amount outstanding, securities, worth of legal heirs and the property shared from deceased etc., are considerations by the bank, depending on their status of NPAS, time involved, and competencies of such recovery team in the bank.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 January 2021

You can get this amortization table from your bank or you can use a loan repayment calculator. The amortization table will indicate what exactly your outstanding loan amount is at any given point of time.

(Guest)

At this time the outstanding is 8 lac total and total pricing of property is 10 time of outstanding. Loan was taken in 2007 and father had died in 2018

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register