LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY KUMAR   20 January 2021

Illegal termination from service

I have been appointed through Department Secret Fund of Government of India since 1999, without any break in service. The salary comes from Department fund into my saving bank account directly. Now, I am informed verbally that from March, 2021, they will not give salary any further and look for another alternate job without giving me any written notice. Please advise me, How do I proceed now?

Learning

1 Replies

Nandini Warrier   20 January 2021

Good afternoon,

If you can, or have established the reasons for your wrongful termination, you can seek redressal or remedy-

a) by writing a grievance letter for wrongful termination to the HR department of your company. The HR department can look into it, and they can do the needed. 

b) if the HR department provides an unsatisfactory answer, you can always hire a labor lawyer, and send a legal notice to the employer, seeking remedies (such as Provident fund, severance package). 

If it's a violation of a work contract, you can also file a case against the employer in the Labour Court. 

If you have been removed from your post, or terminated from your service without any valid reason or valid grounds of removal, even though you've been following all rules, it can be labelled as UNFAIR termination. There are several labor laws in India against wrongful termination of employment. If the wrongful termination is done on the basis of discrimination due to age, gender, race, caste, it is a violation of the fundamental rights of a person given under the Indian Constitution. It is always helpful to consult an employment and labor lawyer in India to sue an employer for wrongful termination, understand your legal rights, and also, make sure to have a strong case against your employer.

Hope this helped!

Regards,

Nandini

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register