LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swapnil Chaudhary   14 January 2021

regarding maternity rights

I m working in a corporative bank as a field officer. my work require me to travel a lot which is now arduous as I am 3 months pragnant..it is very tuff for me to travel 6 to 7 hrs ...so I requested my officials to give me for some time...but they gave me a suspension notice....kindly advice me what should I do...regards...

Learning

1 Replies

Nandini Warrier   14 January 2021

Good evening, If you have worked in this field under the same employer for 26 weeks, you can apply for flexible working hours on a temporary basis. You will have to look into the company policies regarding the payment of salary and if it'll be reduced if you're reducing working hours. Many companies do follow this route. If you have a medical letter from the doctor stating that the travel or working hours are not safe for your health, please do show it to your employer. There must be maternity policies in the company as well, please follow up with your employer on that. Please refer to this link to read more about maternity rights under all aspects - https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/protection-of-women-under-the-labour-laws-6511.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register