LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas s (SE)     13 January 2021

For insuance policy claim settlement

I have joint policy(me and my wife), she expired 4 years back, insurance people are asking for succession certificate for claim settlement, I already provided relinquishment deed to transfer my ownership rights to my kids. can you please suggest me do i really required succession certificate to claim the insurance. I am the nominee of the policy(joint policy, if something happens to me, nominee is my wife, if something happens to my wife, i am the nominee, as it is joint policy). Thanks & Regards Datt

Learning

3 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     14 January 2021

When there is no dispute in your stated facts, demanding succession certificate amounts to unfair trade practices. Approach the consumer commission.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 January 2021

First, make a complaint or grievance in their online portal. This is not fair. Have you received such a letter demanding such succession certificate or it is just oral demand. For the last four years why the claim was not settled?

srinivas s (SE)     15 January 2021

Sir FIR was raised on my name, so I gave the full rights to my kids. In these circumstances, do i need to submit any more documents like succession or legal heir to claim the insurance(giving the total settlement amount to my kids through RELINQUISHMENT DEED).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register