LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arka   03 January 2021

Import for personal use

I am Arko. I am a drummer. I want to import a few products from USA to India for personal use. The products are. 1) Musical Instruments and Pro Audio(also Accessories like cleaning products which may contain Isopropyle alcohol) 2) Drum shells like https://nordicshells.com/products/true-series-birch-6-ply 3) drilling ,Filing tools , screws , nuts , bolts , screw driver(For Modifying my drum kit) 4) Some metal and wood articles for modifying my drum kit

Learning

7 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     03 January 2021

For personal use, you can import such items that are not on the banned list.  As you are intending to import only musical drums, which I am sure are not on the banned list, you can import.  Steps to be taken:

1. Finalize a reliable supplier abroad
  2. Obtain proforma invoice from him clearly giving all the price and the amount to be remitted, currency of the amount and his account and the routing address like SWIFT code of their bank.
  3. Once the proforma invoice is received, you may approach your bank requesting them to send the remittance. You may submit copies of the invoice etc. to the bank. They shall remit the amount.
  4. In case the overseas supplier shall give you credit, you may inform the address of your bank so that the documents shall be sent through the bank.

arka   03 January 2021

I can import anything for personal use which is not in the list of prohibited items. Right?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 January 2021

Originally posted by : arka
I am Arko. I am a drummer. I want to import a few products from USA to India for personal use. The products are.

1) Musical Instruments and Pro Audio(also Accessories like cleaning products which may contain Isopropyle alcohol)

2) Drum shells like https://nordicshells.com/products/true-series-birch-6-ply

3) drilling ,Filing tools , screws , nuts , bolts , screw driver(For Modifying my drum kit)

4) Some metal and wood articles for modifying my drum kit

This platform is to help needy litigation regarding dispute(s) arose or pending before a Court of Law but certainly not an inquiry site.

arka   04 January 2021

My apologies for that but I wanted to make sure that these things are legal to purchase and import them for personal use. I didn't know whom to ask. By thank you for helping.

(Guest)

Sir, the import item shall be governed by the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP- 2015-20) formulated by the Central Govt/DGFT under the FTDR Act. You can import the said item, provided if the import policy is Free and not restricted, exempted., by paying the applicable BCD, if any.

The import of said item if mandates "Actual User condition" and any other conditions, the importer should comply the same.

You can approach the regional DGFT office for further clarification.

avadhesh Paliwal   13 March 2021

PLEASE FREIND YOU CAN IMPORT ALL THE ITEM YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THE PERSON IN US WHO IS DEALING IN IT........THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE SOLUTION....WHY ARE YOU SO PANIC

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 March 2021

Please approach your Bank who shall normally provide all guidance for making a foreign remittance. Or they shall guide you to approach a nearby branch/office that are designated to handle foreign currency transactions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register