Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh Patel   10 January 2021

Medical documents from civil hospital (government hospital)

Hello. my name is Yogesh. 

My wife tried to threaten me. she drunk cough syrup and hospitalised in civil hospital to create pressure on me. she did this act at her mother’s place. they ruined my reputation.

i got documents from police station and she gave statement she drunk syrup and hospitalized. 

now i want to get her medical documents like how was her pulse rate, how was her situation when hospitalised and what treatment is given to her.  

how to get these documents from civil hospital?

Thank you

Learning

7 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     10 January 2021

Send RTI Petition if it isGovernment Hospital

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 January 2021

I am afraid that individual information on health is a personal record and exempted under Sec. 8 (1) Ij) as it amounts to an invasion on privacy.  However, if the police have recorded a statement you can seek such information from Police.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 January 2021

As an husband, you have every right to get your wife hospital documents from hospital authorities/police department.

Because she is a wife, it does not mean she is not having any individual rights to privacy.  Whenever any application has to be rejected, before denying such information, PIO must seek comment from that person affected.  The letter must be sent to the wife saying that so and so is seeking such information.   Naturally, she files objections that it is personal information, as relations are strained.   The application of this 8 1 (j) is peculiar.  The wife can seek such information of husband in the larger public interest as a victim, and PIO provides that information.  But, when a husband seeks the same information, he has to provide a larger public interest involved to come out of such exemption.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     11 January 2021

Divulging of information of spouses do not fall under prohibited information.The PIO is bound to furnish

Mr. Yogesh.  Come back and post your experience on receiving such a reply as it may help some others as there is controversy

But before seeking information, just think for a while, what you wish to do with that report as there should be a logical end.

Now these threats have become common, as blackmailing tactics due to ignorance.  Pass it off as a bad period as she has not leveled any complaint against you.

Yogesh Patel   12 January 2021

I have done RTI.  I will update for sure. 

Thank you everyone for help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register