LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SONELAL GUPTA   24 December 2020

Need to change the description of document

Could anyone   please let me know what is the procedure to change  Descripttion of Document Field  from “Article 23 Conveyance”  To  “Article 35  Lease”  in estamp ?Please find the attached document for reference.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     24 December 2020

Hello,

As per my opinion, you cannot change the descripttion of the document once you pay the stamp duty. But you can cancel the transaction and refund the stamp duty paid and again pay stamp duty.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 March 2021

Once an e-Stamp is generated, then it cannot be edited or modified in any manner.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     20 April 2021

yes i do agree with experts

Trivendra Sharma (Practicing Lawyer 9918411669)     04 May 2021

The purpose of e-stamp can not be changed as online stamp duty is paid in respective heads. A Stamp can be returned if not executed within six month ( double check) of its issue date subject to 10% deduction of value. 

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     20 June 2021

Dear Mr Gupta, 

I agree with the experts on the issue that e-stamp paper once generated cannot be amended. You purchased the stamp paper for executing a conveyance but now you want to execute a lease deed. In such a case, you may apply for refund of this stamp duty by filing application with you local revenue office. Different revenue jurisdictions have different procedure for refund applications. Further, a fee may also be deducted from refundable amount. 

Then purchase a new stamp paper under the descripttion 'Lease Deed'. Further, also check with your local revenue office if the amount of conveyance deed stamp duty can be adjusted for lease deed stamp. I am not sure if at your place it can be done but its worth a try. 

Regards

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register