Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Shah   20 December 2020

Name addition in society

Sir

My father purchased 2 BHK flat in Vikroli in 2003 in his name and my mother's name.

Unfortunately he passed away this year.

As I dont live in Mumbai the society added my name in the flat.

However the share certificate of the flat shows my late father and my mother (who is alive) as joint holder.

Now does this mean that the flat is automatically changed in my name. Further I want to also add the name of my wife and son in the flat.

Do i need to approach the society for this.

I am a bit lost. Why do I have to add my name with the society and it is under what provision of law.

Plz guide

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     20 December 2020

Hello,

As the share certificate of the flat still in the joint name of your mother and your father, society has not changed the ownership. Ownership of the flat will change on your application and by submitting a legal heirship certificate/administration certificate from the court. You may contact me for further proceedings.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     20 December 2020

1. Society CANNOT add your name without proper documentary proceedings to be followed jointly by you & mother.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Vishal Shah   20 December 2020

There is a  problem at hand.

I actually dont want the flat to be done on my name due some personal issues but I want that the share of father be transferred to my mother. And I want to make my 10 year old son as a beneficiary.

Does my name adding in the society become a problem.

I want to now delete my name. Can this be done at the society level or have the records been updated in BMC by the society.

I have given no documents whatsoever to the society

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register