LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

thankappan vijayamma sunil (service )     18 December 2020

Contempt of court against ongc

Sir recently regarding ONGC 577 termbase case the Honourable Supreme Court vide its order dated 13th February  2020  gave its order that we are of the view that the Corporation must treat the concerned works which include 111 out of these 577 employees who have been regularized earlier to be in regular employment on and from the date on which the industrial dispute was referred i.e. 21.12.2004 and accordingly grant all actual benefits from the 

Said date till 01.04.2013. The other directions that have been given by the learned Single Judge will remain intact. It allows the appeal in the aforesaid terms.

Sir currently my case related to   ONGC 577 termbase employees   case is lying pending at Labour Court CGIT Ahmedabad Gujarat

My query is can I file a contempt of court against ONGC when my case related to 577 is pending at labour court (at the last stage of argument and decision)  since again ONGC denied to pass on the benefit to me. Kindly suggest and guide

Regards,

Sunil Baroda

Learning

4 Replies

P.S.Subbaraman (Advocate)     19 January 2021

When matter is subjudice before Labour Court and is pending for determination, I doubt very much about the filing of Contempt of Court. Whether the Labour Court Matter and the Supreme Court order are intertwined with each other is not clear. Contempt will have to be filed  within the period of Limitation even if any.

thankappan vijayamma sunil (service )     19 January 2021

Sir

Sir , Both  the cases are inter twined  with  each other . Sir kindly  provide me your e mail id so  that i will send the whole details of my case .

regards

sunil

baroda  gujarat 

P.S.Subbaraman (Advocate)     19 January 2021

My email id is subbaramanadvocate@gmail.com

thankappan vijayamma sunil (service )     20 January 2021

sir 

sir

i have sent you on  your personal e mail id my case details with respect to filing contempt of court against ongc

regards

sunil

baroda gujarat 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register