LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran   07 December 2020

Rule position in age limit for pursuing 3 year llb in India

Dear Sirs, With regards to rule position on age limit for pursuing 3 year llb in India, Is the rule position different in different states of India? Pls clarify on this.

Learning

8 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     07 December 2020

No age limit for Llb. Verify the websie of Bar council.

Kiran   07 December 2020

Thank you for your response Sir

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 December 2020

I agree with expert Mr. Isaac Gabriel, there is no age limit to pursue LL.B.

Kiran   09 December 2020

Thank you J C Vashista Sir. Issac Gabriel Sir, I happened to verify BCI website and there is only a draft version of 2019 BCI guidelines in the website and nothing with regards to maximum age limit for pursuing llb is mentioned in that document . Thanks, Kiran. My understanding is that neither logically nor legally it is correct to impose maximum age limit on pursuing higher studies. Thanks, Kiran.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     09 December 2020

If at all there is such a Rule, it is felt that it  would amounts to be an arbitrary action.  Why to prevent someone from pursuing legal education on such technical grounds.    Age restrictions in this country are really required for politicians and it is not done yet.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 December 2020

Yes, any restriction would be irrational and arbitrary. But unfortunately, some among the Bar Councils ans Bar Associations have been championing such a restriction.

ravi kambhampati   28 December 2020

and DC E24

Trivendra Sharma (Practicing Lawyer 9918411669)     04 May 2021

Hi, 

Currently age limit for LLB admission is governed by Bar Council of India Circular No. BCI:D :1519(LE:Cir.)-6 dated 17.09.2016.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register