LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BA   02 December 2020

Trademark opposed

Dear esteemed members 1. I had filed a trademark with the ipindiaonline and was already at final stage of approval. 2. It has been Opposed my a attorney of a big company, sighting some similarity in the name. 3. I am a small venture I don't have resource to employ a Attorney to defend my case, so have decided to abandon the matter. 4. Now however they have directly contacted me and they want me to sign an undertaking on non-judiciary stamp paper notarised pledging not to use a name which is similar to theirs. is it lawful for them to ask me to do that? Kindly guide me Thanks of you time I had filed a trademark with the ipindiaonline and was already at final stage of approval. It has been Opposed my a attorney of a big company, sighting some similarity in the name. As I am a small venture I don't have resource to employ a Attorney to defend my case, so have decided to abandon the matter. Now however they have directly contacted me and they want me to sign an undertaking

Learning

1 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     02 December 2020

It would had been better if you state complete facts, nevertheless please don't sign any affidavit as you have already abandoned. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register