LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aish Rai   20 November 2020

sexual harassement at workplace

i am working in an govt org where in my boss has asked fr 'Sexual favours ' for which i made complaint to org however they did nt hlp i have enough proof to support myself i have also now complained in national.comission fr women which is pending at their end m afraid they might also not help as the org is trying to hlp my boss totaly and troubling me in evry manner. what shall i do if ncw cud nt
hlp?

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 November 2020

There are several Voluntary Women Organisations and they have many ways to get proper remedy and relief against such harassment.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     21 November 2020

Normally, every organization mandatorily has to establish an internal complaint mechanism for addressing s*xual harassment of women in workplaces under the Sexual Harassment of Women ( Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act of 2013. But unfortunately, in many cases, these Cells are on paper and are not effective enough. You may have to give a rejoinder to your internal Cell with a copy to the Women's' Commission narrating the heightened harassment against you for your earlier complaining against a particular higher Official. As suggested above, the local Voluntary Women's Organisations may be more helpful.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 November 2020

Why you are apprehensive that NCW will not take action?

Aish Rai   21 November 2020

Dear P.Venu Sir,

Actually Ncw has been giving reminders from past 2 month moreover they have said commitee will be constituted by the org itself and they are already saving my boss thus i have apprehensions that weather justice will be given or not or what will i do after this happens 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 November 2020

File a complaint under the provisions of Sexual Harashment of Women at workplace, 2013.

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for analyses of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 November 2020

The problem is that you are confusing facts with unverified speculations. Already the due process has been set in motion. Wait for the Committee's report.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register