Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonia Sahni   18 October 2020

Change of surname in birth certificate

Hi

I have a daughter aged 7 years and I reside in Delhi. I got married in 2010. But I did not change my surname in records till 2018 when I renewed my passport.

In my daughter's Birth certificate issued by MCD my name is mentioned as "Sonia Kapoor" (Name before marriage) however as mentioned I had changed my surname in all my documents like Aadhar ,PAN card and Passport to "Sonia Sahni".

My query is that when my daughter needs to use her Birth certificate my name will appear as "Sonia Kapoor" but all other documents will be "Sonia Sahni". 

How do I change this name as the MCD officials are saying that the name of the mother cannot be changed in Birth certificate in Delhi.

Also will my daughter have any problems if my surname mentioned in her birth certificate is different from the name I have in current documents

Please help.

Regards

Sonia

Delhi

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 October 2020

1. You would need to conduct Name Change Procedures via a Govt. Gazette Publication, by following due procedures of law.  The Govt. Gazette publication would have to be produced every time where ever needed in future. There is no other legal alternative.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 October 2020

Yes.  You should apply to the Government through the Tahsildar (Revenue Authority of your area) concerned in a  prescribed form.  You and your husband shall give a Notarized declaration for the change of name of your daughter.  You shall submit this with the application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register