LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Want to be Successful?

On his first day in office, as President Abraham Lincoln entered to give his inaugural address speech, one man stood up. He was a rich aristocrat. He said, “Mr. Lincoln, You should not forget that Your father used to make shoes for my family.” And the whole senate laughed. They thought they had made a fool of Lincoln.

But certain people are made of a totally different mettle.

Lincoln looked at the man directly in the eye and said, “Sir, i know that my father used to make shoes for Your family, and there will be many others here, because he made shoes the way nobody else can. He was a creator. His shoes were not just shoes; he poured his whole soul into them.

I want to ask You, have You got any complaint? Because I know how to make shoes myself. If You have any complaint i can make You another pair of shoes.

But as far as i know, nobody has ever complained about my father’s shoes. He was a genius, a great creator and i am proud of my father”.

The whole senate was struck dumb. They could not understand what kind of man Abraham Lincoln was.

He was proud because his father did his job so well that not even a single complaint had ever been heard.

Moral of the story/learning's

No one can hurt us without our consent.

It is not what happens to us that hurts us. It is our response that hurts us.

Have a tight control on Your response.

Please remember.

Control Your anger 24/7/365. Anger directly affects on our judgment, logical & lateral thinking.

You want to be successful? Keep a bag of ice cubes on Your head & in Your head, sugar in mouth and on tongue too & keep toes on wheels.

You want to be happy all along? Just make an attempt everyday to keep 4 people happy around You and then experience the miracle.

Learning

3 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     11 July 2010

Want to be Successful?

NOT INTERESTED AT THIS AGE.

Daksh (Student)     12 July 2010

Dear Mr.Gurunarayana Rao,

Kudos for such fantabulous and informative post.

Keep up the good work going.

God Bless

Best Regards

Daksh

(Guest)

Mr. Gurunarayana Rao, I appreaciate your approach but please tell this to the hungry people whose bread is grabbed by the powerful persons.  And the poor hungry people do not have net connection so you should go to them in rural areas.

If I would have been there instead of Abrahim Lincon I would have shotted on the head of that rich aristrocrat by the pair of my shoes for his bad manners.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register