LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Goel (Professional)     08 October 2020

How to do a part time job along with central government job

I just joined railways and want to do a part time job as I have so many debt pending. The salary which I receive from railways is not sufficient to fulfill my debts. I have a job offer from a private company so suggest me any way so that I can do this part time job.

Note: This private company is not deducting any pf so my employment will not reflect on EPFO

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 October 2020

A  Central Government Employee is not supposed to work for private companies as per Railway policy and regulations.

Though the private company may not deduct PF etc., a crime is always risky.

Avoid taking risks as Railway employment is more important that income through irregular ways.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2020

This platform is not meant suggesting anyone the means to evade the law.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     09 October 2020

Unless you resign from you Government job, no other short cut please.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2020

doing private job in govt service  is prohibited and can be a cause of disciplinary action. It is absolutely irrelevant whether the said company deducts PF or not.

further being habitually indebted is also a misconduct in govt service which can render someone liable for disciplinary action.

Ishita Desai   11 October 2020

Originally posted by : Himanshu Goel
I just joined railways and want to do a part time job as I have so many debt pending. The salary which I receive from railways is not sufficient to fulfill my debts. I have a job offer from a private company so suggest me any way so that I can do this part time job.

Note: This private company is not deducting any pf so my employment will not reflect on EPFO

Hello, 

There is no way that you can work for the two companies at both times. This is also a matter of ethics. You need to go through the contract of the railway policy. As per my knowledge, you cannot. And probably you should not. It does not make sense. The Central Government has trusted you with some confidential data, no matter how much you promise, there is still a risk that the data will be leaked.

You should choose either one type of the job. You may et away with it for a while, but if you get caught you will be  in deep trouble and you may be banned from further employment.

I hope I answered your query.

Regards,

Ish*ta Desai 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register