LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

being moral   02 October 2020

How can I get 9 years only daughter custody

How can I get 9 years only daughter custody who is presently living with her mother nani' home. Appeal against divorce case is pending (case was filed by me) for admission in highcourt. till date no matter for custody been filed.
I am the only alive member in my family and immediately want custody of my daughter to give her best education and life.
How can I raise the issue directly to highcourt for immediate action.
Please Help

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 October 2020

You will have to file a petition under Section 12 of the Guardians & Wards Act, 1890 through a local prudent lawyer for custody of the minor before District Judge where she (your daughter) resides. 

What prevented you from seeking her custody / visitation rights when your divorce case was going on in the District Court ?

Did you seek opinion and advise of the lawyer already engaged by you for your divorce case and appeal assailing the order passed there upon ?

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     02 October 2020

Normally, especially Girl child and that too at such tender age,bits better she is with the Mother. Seek visitation rights, not to lose contact with your Daughter. You can pay for her education even whe your Daughter is her Mother. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 October 2020

What is the decision of the family court? What are the grounds for seeking divorce and why the petition has been rejected? What are the grounds for seeking custody of the child?

What do you mean by "I am the only alive member in my family"?

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     03 October 2020

Comple facts needs to come out from you as to what was the family court's order and grounds for divorce,etc. please for a proper opinion.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     04 October 2020

Typos rectified

Normally, especially Girl child and that too at such tender age, it's better she is with the Mother. Seek visitation rights, not to lose contact with your Daughter. You can pay for your Daughter's education even when she is with her Mother. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register