Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     28 September 2020

Can an advocate become legal representative of her spouse?

Can an advocate become the legal representative if his/ her spouse to perform all verbal or written communication on his/her spouse's behalf?

Learning

10 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     28 September 2020

Hello,

An advocate can represent a spouse or any representatives before the court.

I meant, if an advocate can speak on behalf of his spouse in any discussion table whether in court or in WhatsApp conversation or in any General meeting

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     28 September 2020

Lagally barred.If done it amounts to proxy.

Which act? Can a person be forced to talk to someone who he doesn't like to be associated with? If he wants can he/ she legally authorize her spouse to communicate on her behalf through some written consent letter?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     29 September 2020

An advocate can represent his/her spouse in his/her personal capacity, he/she should not use his/her professional identity during the representation.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 September 2020

You have not posted the material facts.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 September 2020

Ethically it should be avoided.

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2020

If the advocate is verbally authorized by his spouse, is it still barred? In that sense sending someone legal notice on behalf of clients also barred? If the person don't like to talk to someone who is an universal abuser, how to deal with them in daily life legally without a lawyer's mediation?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 September 2020

It appears that you keep on submitting questions without referring to the replies offered. Please read the replies of experts before forming subsequent questions. 

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2020

Originally posted by : Kishor Mehta
It appears that you keep on submitting questions without referring to the replies offered. Please read the replies of experts before forming subsequent questions. 

As none of the answers fully answer my query, so I couldn't figure out whom yo quote...my exact query is...if a person feels abused by anyone, is he or she bound to respond to that abusive person? Can the abused person authorise someone else to communicate on his/her behalf to the abusive person so that no unpleasant situation occurs due to direct communication? Does it require any written authorization letter, that 'this person from now on can communicate any necessary facts or information on behalf of me (the abused one)? ' as the spouse is an advocate the abusive person is avoiding him, as he can not pass offensive comments on him. But how not to affect discussion process and avoid cat fight in a discussion table?

I hope it is now clear to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register