Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Bansilal Vispute   22 September 2020

Documentation of society

Hello Expert,

I am from Maharashtra, Pune. I would like get to know that it is mandatory to submit our flat registration copy to the society office.
Please guide me.

Thanks and regards,
Rajesh

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 September 2020

What is the problem in completing records of flat stated to have been owned/purchased ? 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 September 2020

The copy of the title deed is the only proof that you are legitimate owner of that flat and it is necessary document.  You may write legibly on such copy that it was given on.............to society as mandated by them and you should ensure that this information reflects in every page so that it can not be misused for any other purpose.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     23 September 2020

A notarized copy of the flat registration document has to be submitted to the society. It is not prudent to write anything on any page of the documents. 

Varun Kumar   23 September 2020

My Question is only Is it mandatory to submit our flat registration copy to the society office....? Because its our confidential document.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 September 2020

The Title deed is a public document that can be obtained by anyone by paying such prescribed fee to Registrar.  The discussion here is about only providing a simple xerox copy to society only.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 September 2020

Hello,

Society may ask for a registered deed copy from the member. There is no harm in submitting the sale deed copy to society and it is a public document.

Varun Kumar   23 September 2020

But sir can we deny to submit the Flat registration copy to society commeetee since its our confidential documents.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     23 September 2020

Society can not enrol anybody as a member and issue a share certificate until it satisfies itself that the person is the real owner of the flat. As per the rules laid down in the Model Bye-Laws of Co-Operative Housing Society of Maharashtra it is mandatory for the members to subit a copy of the Registered sale documents to the society.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register