LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chhaya karande   23 September 2020

Credit card payment

My dad had made transaction using his credit card of rs 22000 in the year 2005...he died in 2006 ,at that time we were not capable to pay that amount so we requested bank...but now after 15 years we are receiving letter to pay credit card due amount which is 1.5 lacs including interest of so many years...so do we liable to pay 1.5 lac or shouldn't pay any amount...can bank take any legal action against us?

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     23 September 2020

credit card loan is a unsecured loan so credit card payment may be receivable by bank from hiers if the agreement says so. you should try to negotiate with bank. yesterday your query was something different.

chhaya karande   23 September 2020

ya it was my mistake...i have written loan instead of credit card due

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     23 September 2020

but question is after 15 years can bank recover money so the answer is no, untill last payment made is within 3 years.

but here you have written that you have requested bank? whether this request is a written statement, it needs to be checked

chhaya karande   24 September 2020

we don't have any written proof

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 September 2020

Is this not repeated query, with facts slightly modified? You are yet to provide the information sought.

Frankiero   02 October 2020

Originally posted by : chhaya karande
My dad had made transaction using his credit card of rs 22000 in the year 2005...he died in 2006 ,at that time we were not capable to pay that amount so we requested bank...but now after 15 years we are receiving letter to pay credit card due amount which is 1.5 lacs including interest of so many years...so do we liable to pay 1.5 lac or shouldn't pay any amount...can bank take any legal action against us? Besides that we need that money since we are willing to buy new  https://www.aquaticausa.com/category/outdoor-showers outdoor shower and some extra money would be very helpful.

As already mentioned above, it is quite unlickely you will get a refund or any other compensation in this situations, especially considering the fact you have no proof of this transaction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register