Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijeet   13 September 2020

Motor accident claim compensation

Dear Sir,

My bike rode by my elder brother got hit by a car on the morning of August 15, 2020. The car is insured by National insurance company bearing policy no. 18040031201145374146 and Registration no. JH10BP3719. I tried to contact the owner of the vehicle, but the calls remain unanswered.

My brother was badly insured resulting in bursting of his large intestine and two fractures in his left leg. Also, my bike was also damaged. My brother is currently being treated at The Mission Hospital, Durgapur. I am incurring huge financial costs in the medical treatment of my brother currently amounting 11 Lakhs. Also, I want to release my bike, which is held at police station.

I want to file the third party claim for the damages occured to me. Please guide me the process for the same.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Mob- 9199018860

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 September 2020

Did you (or any one else) has lodged FIR of the accident ? 

Whether MLC has been prepared by attending doctor ?

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for professional advise and necessary proceeding.

If you are located in Delhi/ NCR and feel so, may contact me with relevant records (on appointment) at Chamber no 647, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 Mobile: 9891152939 OR email: majjagdish@yahoo.com 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 September 2020

First, get the certified copy of FIR   as you have informed that the bike was confiscated by the police and contact the local NIC for proper guidance.  As already guided, it is beyond the competency of a victim to look after the injured and to follow up insurance claim which is linked to the police.   Understand the practical difficulties, entrust this to a competent Advocate, and focus on the early recovery of your brother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register