LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   14 September 2020

Reopening a case

Is it possible to reopen a case in high court division bench due to new document evidence found after high court division bench judgement ?

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 September 2020

It depends upon certain circumstances such as whether the DB considered the issue in LPA or appeal or any other type of case.

Generally it would not be considered after delivery of judgment.

However, the Court (same bench- if available) may consider u/o XLVII Rule 1 CPC (review) when some new facts / law was found, which could not be submitted/ considered by the Court, despite due diligence of petitioner.

Bala   14 September 2020

Thank you Sir. Can I go for revision, if one judge from the Division bench has retired ? 

Incase, if the revision is rejected. Can I go and file SLP and refer the new document evidence submitted in High court?

Can you share any reference judgement for revision which can be used ?. Thank you

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 September 2020

You have not posted material facts.

Bala   14 September 2020

My grandfather purchased a land in 1910 with a sale deed. In 1926, his brother kept mortgage stating that the land belongs to him, which my grandfather paid the mortgage and got the land back. Now hiers of grandfather brother went to division bench and got a judgement in favour of them based on the mortgage document and stating land was purchased together. Now we got a partition document stating the land belongs to my grandfather. Can you please tell me, how can I proceed the case, should I go for revision ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 September 2020

The facts posted inadequate to give any meaningful suggestion.

avadhesh Paliwal   21 October 2020

Not it is not a chance of the of reiview under the rule 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register