LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin bhosle (Proprietot)     09 July 2010

306 case

I am talking on behalf of my brother , who is currently in Central Jail , Thane , His wife committed suicide 3 months back after a small argument between them . Her dad lodged a complaint and made completely false allegations against him . Thereafter he surrendered in the police station . After a month passed by , the complainant sent a letter to us stating that he lodged the complaint under the influence of his relatives and he repents his action. Our lawyer suggested that an affidavit be made and submitted to ACP , DCP , Upper Police and concerned police station . Our lawyer applied for bail taking affidavit as a support for his bail . But the sessions court judge refused to even read the letter and the affidavit saying that the higher courts have made it clear that such documents amount to tampering of evidence. He rejected the bail application.

Now , my question is , if we apply for bail in Bombay High Court will the affidavit be considered ? the complainant is ready to stand in the court for the bail hearing as well if the need arises. please help ....

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     09 July 2010

OFFENCE COMES UNDER SERIOUS AND GRAVE ACT, WHICH REQUIRES SOME SUPPORTING EVIDENCES AND CIRCUMSTANCES TO COME ON BAIL.  ALWAYS CONVINCE THE  SESSIONS WITH NEW GROUNDS IS BETTER THAN TRYING IN H.C. JUST ONE MONTH ONLY PASSED, BETTER CONSULT YOUR COUNSEL DISCUSS FOR BETTER APPROACH WITH GOOD CITATIONS OF APEX COURT.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 July 2010

File for bail in the bombay HC along with the affidavit of the complainant.

Nitin bhosle (Proprietot)     09 July 2010

Thank you so much Adv.Reddy and Adv. Archana . 

I forgot to mention that the chargesheet has been filed by the I.O. and also the fact that my brother is in jail from almost three months. I am sure these facts will help him get bail .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register