LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shyam ( )     13 September 2020

Remove deceased co-owner name from chennai corp records

My mother, myself and my sister inherited property from my Father and the Name of all three was added to the property records. Sadly my mother had passed away few years ago, I and my sister (both unmarried) are only legal heirs and our name is already there in the property. What is the procedure to remove my mother's name from the property records so that we can change the name in TNEB connection. Is the procedure again to repeat the Transfer of Property Application Form ? Thank you for your kind response !

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 September 2020

This site is meant to provide legal help to needy litigants but not an inquiry office.

Contact local municipal corporation office for form and procedure if you do not want to seek professional services of a local lawyer..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 September 2020

Contact the Tehasildar or such authority that maintains such record and submit the death certificate of your mother, with your internal settlement deed and legal heir certificate.  File prescribed application form with such fees for mutating the property in individual names.  

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 September 2020

Mutation of property after death of owner if you are an heir in Tamil nadu: For mutation of property in such cases, applicants have to submit a death certificate, a copy of the will ( in case if any will), an indemnity bond on a Rs 100 stamp paper, an affidavit on Rs 10 stamp paper attested by a notary, and the latest property tax clearance papers.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 September 2020

Obviously, the same procedure as in the earlier case. The query suggests no legal elements.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register