Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Tandon   07 September 2020

Employer taking july 2020 salary as recovery

Hi,

My notice period in the contract ( employment letter ) says one month. My employer didn't gave me salary for the July month. I resigned on 7th August 2020 and stated in my resignation email that I want to serve 1 month notice period. Employer asked me to submit the assets on 10th August 2020 and relieved me on the same day without giving me relieving letter. I wanted to serve the notice period but employer didn't allow me to do so.

Now, they are saying that you haven't served the notice period so we are taking your 1 month salary ( July salary ) as recovery ? Is this justified ? Am I entitled to get my July salary ?

My employer and I are based out of New Delhi. Kindly suggest me what to do in this case.

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 September 2020

What, exactly, condition as to Notice period?

Deepak Tandon   08 September 2020

Dear Sir,

My appointment letter states that on joining the company, I would be on a probation for 6 months. During this period, my employment could be terminated 30 day notice basis. I would also be allowed to resign from the services of the company by similarly giving a 30 day notice in writing.

I joined the organization in the month of February 2020 and I was under probation. When I resigned, I gave them 30 day notice in writing. Instead of letting me serve the notice period, company asked me to submit the assets and relieved me in 3 days time from the date of resignation. Now, they are claiming July salary as recovery for not serving the notice period.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     08 September 2020

1. IF you are on probation, there is no question of giving you Notice Pay.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Deepak Tandon   08 September 2020

Sir, please correct me if I am wrong. You mean to say that my employer cannot give me notice pay if I am on probation??

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 September 2020

The term "probation" implies notice, no subsequent notice is necessary to show exit gate to the employee.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register