LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Sachan   27 August 2020

Can Media/Press enter in Proprietorship Firm without owners permission

I own a Brick field in Uttar Pradesh which is proprieyership firm and I've noticed that some press/media person entering premises in my absence and taking take video/photographs without permission and them threatening the uneducated staff in my absence.

wanted to check can anybody enter in proprietorship firm without owners permission and do any media person have authority to take video/photographs in premises without having any govt order or something.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 August 2020

It may be a case of house trespass, if the said press/media persons committed the trespass with the intent to commit an offence or to intimidate, insult or annoy you. Such intention is to be inferred from the facts and attending circumstances of the case. This is section 448 of the Indian Penal Code.

Trespass as such being a tort, you can file a civil suit for compensation, if you have sustained substantial loss for such trespass.

1 Like

Gaurav Sachan   27 August 2020

thanks for suggestion, will same rule be applicable to any government officials like sale tax personnel who is entering the firm without having proper govt order/authority letter from the relevant authority?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register