LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir   16 August 2020

Love marriage in alandi

Hi. I had married my GF in December 2019. She cares a lot about her dad and her dad is against Love and Love marriages. We lived together for three months but she was suffering from anxiety, she was affraid that her family will find out about this marriage and whatever chance we had on convincing her parents will be lost due to that. So she asked for a divorce. She said we will ask for dad's permission and then get married. She convinced me for the divorce and we went back to Alandi and inquired them (the ones who had got us married) about divorce procedures. They said we can do that for you. And they tore the pages in the register where my GF, our witness friends and I had signed and had glued our photos. But then Corona arrived and she had to go to her village and suddenly her parents arranged for her marriage. My wife couldn't even get a chance to talk about our Love. And she is not a strong person who would stand against their family. I talked to her family members and asked to accept our love but they denied. And now they have made my Wife stand against me. But I want my wife back. I later came to know that the divorce proceedings we had done was not actually a divorce. Divorce can be filed in court only. So that means we are still married. But I am just not sure if I can prove my marriage in the court as I just have photos of our marriage certificate and marriage. And the witnesses are also there to confirm my claim. So I just have some questions that. Are we legally still married, can I prove that in court, what is the legality of marriage in Alandi and how do I get my wife back. She is in great pain I know.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir   17 August 2020

I just want to know if the marriage there can withstand the judicial proceedings

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register