Share on Email

Share More

Tijender   10 August 2020

Divorce on health grounds

Marriage annulment due to mental health issues of spouse

Learning

6 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     11 August 2020

Under which religion the marriage was solemnized. Divorce and the annulment are entirely different. State clear facts to get the advice.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 August 2020

If you do not wish to state facts in an open forum, contact a local advocate that can keep that matter confidential and show adequate proof of such mental health through which it is not possible to continue relationship further as per your opinion.

Tijender   11 August 2020

My wife has been suffering from acute depression. She does not agree for any treatment. 
She becomes uncontrollable. Threatens to run away. Her maternal family does not want to chip in any help. 
That is the reason I want to get out of this  

We are Hindus. Have been married for 28 years and have two children (daughter married son in university). 
I am facing  this problem since 1999. She had this problem before marriage but fact was concealed. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 August 2020

For 28 years the spouse is suffering with depression, and depression was there even before marriage and without any medication, she still survived and performed her duties as a mother (got daughter married off and son in University), and husband wanted a divorce as his wife's side relatives are not helping after 28 years of their marriage !!!!  Now husband at this age wants divorce !!!!!

Wait for some more years and try as to whether the son shares such a burden without torturing her further depression for such divorce at that age among relatives circle.

Tijender   11 August 2020

Your views are very sarcastic. 
Don’t pronounce judgement without going into facts. 
anyways I do not need any of your advice in future. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2020

Originally posted by : Tijender
My wife has been suffering from acute depression. She does not agree for any treatment. 
She becomes uncontrollable. Threatens to run away. Her maternal family does not want to chip in any help. 
That is the reason I want to get out of this  

We are Hindus. Have been married for 28 years and have two children (daughter married son in university). 
I am facing  this problem since 1999. She had this problem before marriage but fact was concealed. 

28 years?

when did you know about her insanity.  Whether you have condoned this over the period and lived with her and now in advanced age want to get rid of her?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register