LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishanth   27 July 2020

Regarding dv case and eviction of dil

Sir mother and her daughter in law lives in different floors of the same house and the house belongs to father.in this case can the daughter in law file a dv case on my mother claiming that they live in shared household. my second question is can my mother file a dv case over her daughter in law third question is can my father who is a senior citizen file a eviction case against his daughter in law. i am asking on behalf of my friend sir.Kindly help me out

Learning

6 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     27 July 2020

DV case can be filed by any women against any gender sharing a common roof.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 July 2020

Father is alive or died ?

1 Like

Nishanth   28 July 2020

respected sir father is alive 

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 July 2020

An action is possible on the above grounds. Of course, there could be nothing certain about the decisions.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 July 2020

Originally posted by : Nishanth
Sir mother and her daughter in law lives in different floors of the same house and the house belongs to father.in this case can the daughter in law file a dv case on my mother claiming that they live in shared household.
my second question is can my mother file a dv case over her daughter in law
third question is can my father who is a senior citizen file a eviction case against his daughter in law.
i am asking on behalf of my friend sir.Kindly help me out

Section 2(s) of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 defines that a woman is entitled to her rights in a shared household, irrespective of whether the shared household is in the name of the husband or his relatives.

However Supreme Court in the case titled, S R Batra Vs Taruna Batra has laid down the law that the house has to be owned or occupied by husband but not her relatives. 

1 Like

Nishanth   30 July 2020

Thank you very much respected advocates Mr Vasista ji and venuji

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register