LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Agarwal (Student)     16 July 2020

Please help me in getting refund of profession tax

My income is for the previous year and the current year is below the taxable income, but while receiving commission from Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited the professional tax has been deducted of Rs 3500 till now.

Please kindly help me in getting Professional Tax refund as soon as possible, because my taxable income for both the years previous year and the current year is below the taxable income as already mentioned above, Please kindly help me in getting Professional Tax refund as soon as possible,

Please kindly reply as soon as possible.

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 July 2020

1. Income Tax and Profession Tax are Two separate taxes and are not linked to each other.

2. Even IF you do not have Taxable Income, the employer has to compulsorilyl deduct Profession Tax (maximum 2500/- in one F.Y.) and deposit in Govt. Treasury.  Check all this facts as to what is applicable in your case.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Shashi Dhara   16 July 2020

Contact auditor and take his advice in this .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2020

Individuals with a gross annual income of less than Rs. 2,50,00 are exempt from tax. As per the Karnataka Professional Tax Slab Rates, all individuals earning a monthly gross income of more than Rs. 15,000 are subject to a professional tax. so check up in your state area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register