Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varman r s   13 July 2020

Civil Land dispute between two neighbouring parties.

Hi,

I reside with my family in a rather rural part of Tamil Nadu. My great-grandfather, during his youth, had bought a piece of land with my neighbours great-grandfather, with equal share(party share undefined in the bond) to the land, a well and a borewell located in the property.

It's been three generations now, and my neighbour now doesn't want us doing anything with the land entirely, since we haven't split it amongst us, nor are they willing to talk about it. Now the road that leads to our home has to come past their house, and they're choking our road breath by the day, which is making life for us extremely hard.

We'd like to take legal action against them on this, but would need some guidance on the same. Is it even possible to sue them on some sort of charges on what I've mentioned above? I'm ready to clarify if needed. Any help is much appreciated.

Regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 July 2020

What has 3 generation been doing since its purchase ?

Why was the land properly demarcated between different purchasers ?

It would be better to show the sale deed to a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional guidance and necessary proceeding, if the issues/ problem could not be sorted out amicably.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 July 2020

No definite suggestion is possible unless the documents are perused.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register