LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramanathan (x)     06 July 2010

Land Acquisition for more than 45 years

My father expired 4 years ago. He owned a land (survey no 167/3) in 1988  in my native village whose total area is 34 cents. Now when we tried to mark four side boundary for the plot using government surveyor, we found that 25 cents out of 34 cents is acquisted by a family and they hold a house in that area. When we checked their documents, we found their area belongs to next survey number (survey no 168/4). But they have their house mistakenly build more than for 45 years in our survey number (167/3). We have clear documents, patta, EC for 24 years (min) and we are paying land tax for our entire plot (167/3) regularly. They dont have any documents related to our survey number. But they hold document, patta and paying tax for their survey number (168/4). Means, they are paying house tax for a house, which was not actually build on their survey number but on a belief it is.

Is it legally possible to vacate them and how long it will take or Is there any other possibilities to solve the issue. Kindly advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Dirgesh kumar sharma (Advocate)     08 July 2010

Hi,

you can apply an application for demarcation of land againest land rev. officer, he has match the govt. naxa in surve no then demarcation of yours propery.

afetr filling civil suit against court. throug an advocate.

Ramanathan (x)     08 July 2010

Dear Dirgesh,

Thanks for your reply.

As i already mentioned, i found the issue of acquisition only during demarcation process applied against land rev. officer. Government surveyor matched govt. naxa with our documents and informed us the house is in our area for more than 45 years and so he said that he cannot mark the boundary with such a condition.

Kindly advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register