LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUBIR KUMAR SANYAL (SELF)     30 June 2020

OWNERSHIP OF E-RICKSHAW IS NOT YET BEEN TRANSFERRED

I have sold my eRickshaw to a person just 25 days before. But ownership of the said vehicle has not yet been transferred to his name. In spite of my several forces the person whom I sold my vehicle is not interested to transfer the ownership. In such case what should I do?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 June 2020

Repossess the e-rickshaw from purchaser.

sm.calcutta (Advocate)     30 June 2020

Hello!

Has he paid the amount for purchasing?

If he is not willing to transfer the ownership, you can claim the ownership again. Tell him to return the eRickshaw. Send him a legal notice. Because if the ownership is with you, any wrong committed by him will be preliminarily blamed on you.

You can contact me with full details for further consultation.

email: offstatute@gmail.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2020

Issue a notice to the purchaser and make a copy to local police station by Regd ack due, so that you can at least get protection, in case if it is met with accident before ownership is transferred.  You ought to have obtained a receipt from the purchaser that he has taken delivery of the vehicle on such and such a date, and should have issued him a receipt stating that such sum was received and vehicle handed over.

Anikaa Rickshaw   27 April 2023

If the ownership of an e-rickshaw has not been transferred, it means that the legal title of the vehicle has not been officially transferred from the previous owner to the current owner. This can occur for various reasons such as pending paperwork, disputes over ownership, or failure to complete the necessary transfer procedures.

It is important to complete the ownership transfer process as soon as possible to avoid any legal complications or disputes that may arise in the future. In most countries, the transfer of ownership requires certain documents such as a bill of sale, registration papers, and proof of insurance. These documents should be submitted to the relevant authorities to complete the transfer of ownership.

If you are the current owner of the e-rickshaw and are facing issues with the transfer of ownership, it is advisable to seek legal advice and guidance to resolve the matter.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2023

You are liable to criminal action for any crime commktted with that vehicle being the registered owner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register