LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen Kumar   19 June 2020

what does a warrant mean.

I received one call from police station that he got one warrant from court in my name..what is the meaning of this warrant...is it a warrant of arrest. Further I asked him to tell the matter, he told me that he returned the same to the court. Once it will receive again, I will tell you. Actually, I am not residing at my permanent place , that's why he returned the said document to the court by incorporating that I am not available there.

Learning

8 Replies

Nihal Thareja   19 June 2020

Hello sir,

A warrant refers to a document issued by a Magistrate which authorizes the police or another body to make an arrest, search premises, or carry out some other action relating to the administration of justice.

Under section 204 of Code of Civil Procedure 1973, the Magistrate has to powers to issue a warrant, or, if he thinks fit, a summons, for causing the accused to be brought or to appear before the court.

In your case, it seems that the police officer has been authorized to make you appear before the Magistrate and for the same reason, the police are bound to follow the orders and make an arrest for you to be presented before the Magistrate.

Hope I was able to solve your query!
Thanks & Regards
Nihal 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 June 2020

Yes, the facts stated are less than convincing. The police official cannot without valid reason, return the warrant.

1 Like

Naveen Kumar   19 June 2020

This matter is about the landlord and tenant. There is a clash between the landlord and renter over the rent and the landlord's health worsens. When the landlord was taken to the hospital, he died. Hearing the news of the death, Renter went to the police station and filed an FIR against the landlord and his son accusing him of molesting his wife and daughter. People from the landlord's side reach the police station with the corpse and file a murder case against the tenants.The police investigate the case and send the tenants to jail. Tenants are released from jail after a few months. Since then this case is going on in court. The wife of the landlord was lodged F.I.R in the police station and his son wrote the application for the F.I.R. Victim or Victim's wife did not want to get upset, so they left the case to God and paid no attention to the case. Whenever a call comes from the court, those people appeared before the court.The statement of all the witnesses of the case has been taken. Now the question is whether Victim acted well leaving the case like this. 2 What happened to that F.I.R which was lodged by tenants against the land lord and his son. Can a son's name be warranted in connection with that case?
I hope I have described well.
1 Like

Naveen Kumar   20 June 2020

sir, it's not story ...aisa hi hwa tha...aapko kahan laga ki ye banaya hwa story hai

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 June 2020

You are only adding stories upon confusion. What is your role in the matter? How come that warrant is issued against you?

warrant came in the name of son, who had written F.I.R application on behalf of her mother.

Thank u sir for responding me.one more thing I want to ask that ..what happened to that F.I.R which one is lodged by tenant against victim ...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2020

couls you narrate the facts without hiding any fact and in a simple language which could be understood in one reading..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register