LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharani Selvam   17 June 2020

Property tax should be under which name

I have registered a property in Bangalore under two persons, while changing name for property tax from existing owner.. do I need to include both or single person is enough Kindly clarify.

Learning

5 Replies

Virtual Legal Assistant (.)     18 June 2020

Greetings,

Changing the name for property tax involves mutation of the said property, in which you have to submit a copy of Sale-deed as a proof of the sale transaction with the municipal authority and thereafter name mutates in the register of the respective Municipal corporation. 

Hope this helps. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 June 2020

Originally posted by : Bharani Selvam
I have registered a property in Bangalore under two persons, while changing name for property tax from existing owner.. do I need to include both or single person is enough

1. You may submit proper application and annex notarised copy of registeredSale Deed and request the Municipal /Revenue authorities to incorporate single /both names in their Property Tax records & registers and issue Property Tax challan /bill in single /both names, for filing & claiming deductions in your Income Tax Returns.

2. Incorprating Both names, would be beneficial in various other legal & statutory needs, in future.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 June 2020

Get the mutation sanctioned in favour of both the vendee(s) in the records of Municipal Authorities. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 June 2020

What do you mean by "registered a property in Bangalore under two persons"?

Bharani Selvam   19 June 2020

I have done registration with my and my wife in sale deed, hence property tax should be under both of us.. That clarification just wanted to know

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register