LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Bansal   01 June 2020

To prove title if original deed lost

After 56 years of possession by us paying taxes without any litigation, suddenly grandson claiming his right of ownership claims due to our migration from village.

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 June 2020

Whose grandson? What is the basis for his claim? Please post material facts.

Grandson of the person from which this land was purchased.his grandfather is dead now.father also dead.we were doing agriculture on it.every thing is ok.documents are genuine.my problem is I hv lost original deed during the case.pls advice how the judge will do judgement without original sale deed if lost.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 June 2020

Please do not post disjointed facts. The real issue is what is the reason for his claiming the property when his grandfather had sold it?

He is saying that his grandfather never made a sale and not gone to registration.my late father put some proxy in place of his grandfather who never exicuted a sale deed.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 June 2020

Where is the question of 'saying'? When the matter has already reached the court, it is the  pleading in the suit that matters. Had he denied the purchase in the suit itself? What is the basis for his denial?

What is the present stage of the case? Have you filed written statement - what is the defense you have taken?

Where you the person who had made the prurchase? Was the grandson born at that time? Have you been in possession/occupation ever since the alleged purchase.

No menaingful suggestion is possible unless you post all the material and relevant facts.  All that could be suggested is that registered deeds could always to searched in the Registration Office and certified copies obtained. 

Moreover, how can one deny a transaction that has never taken place? So also, it is for the party who makes the claim to prove the same by adducing evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register