LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (advocate)     02 July 2010

signature comparison

In a money suit,we are for respondents in an IA.The petitioners seeking for expert opinion of my client signature for comparison. They have a document which is a xerox copy and they are asking for comparison of my clients signature with the signature in the xerox. Can the signature be compared with the one in xerox copy. Is there any citations favouring us, we are for respondents not to send the xerox copy for comparison. Please reply soon,the case is posted on monday (5.7.10)

Learning

3 Replies

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     03 July 2010

Original is with whom ? 

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     03 July 2010

Mr.karthik,

signatures  available on xerox copies cannot be sent to an expert for comparision of the admitted sigantures.if it is carried out its can be set aside at appellate court.

though the court oder for comarision of signature  the expert wont accept the same and return it to the court.

any how, you asked in queiry regarding the citations of the said point im here with submitting the citations i hope it will be usefull to you for dismissing the application

1.2006(4)ALT Pg.No 694,

2.AIR 1998 M.P. Pg.No.46

3.AIR 1976 ORISSA 236

I hope by this ur quiey will be solved

SENTHILKUMAR.S (ADVOCATE)     04 July 2010

OPINION OFSRIKANTH IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. THERE ARE MANY DECISIONS BY SUPREEM COURT ALSO. THE RATIO OF THOSE JUDGMENTS ARE TO NTHE EFFECT THAT SIGNARUE IN A XEROX COPY CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH THE ORIGINAL. PLS INFORM IF THE CASE IS FURTHER ADJOURNED.               I SHALL TRY TO FORWARD THE CITATIONS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register