Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Business)     03 July 2010

Punjab Shops & Establishment Act

Dear All,

Need your help. Actually I know a person who has a shop in Rewari (Haryana). I am not aware that he has registered his shop under Punjab Shops & Establishment Act. Total workers working in the shop is more than 50, which are working on piece rate and not on regular employment. Though I guess agreement is there between the employer and the workers. Now here I want your help:

1. How can I know that the Shop is registered under the said act ? and if it is not what are penalties of non-compliance?

2. Also if it is not registered how can a common man not related to shop in any way can complain the Labour Department about the things.

3. If suppose the shop is registered, but Proper Safety measures/records/registers are not maintained by the shop owner, Can still we can give the complaint to the labour deptt.

4. If complaint is given to the Labour Deptt, what procedure they will follow to investigate the matter.

5. How can I get the copy of the investigation? Do I have to use the RTI Act

Basically what I want, I want to know whether is shop is registered or not, to take on records about the number of workers working in the shop, the base of payment to workers, the income of the shop owner, safety measures adopted by the owner.

Please help.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     03 July 2010

1. How can I know that the Shop is registered under the said act ? and if it is not what are penalties of non-compliance? well it is mandatory to show the license or keep the license as it can be traced by general public.

either license or license number

2. Also if it is not registered how can a common man not related to shop in any way can complain the Labour Department about the things. yes to the relevant factory or labour officer.

3. If suppose the shop is registered, but Proper Safety measures/records/registers are not maintained by the shop owner, Can still we can give the complaint to the labour deptt.: yes to the relevant factory or labour officer.

4. If complaint is given to the Labour Deptt, what procedure they will follow to investigate the matter.: labour officer or factory inspector as applicable will go and visit the place and he will file case against irregularities for the same. 

5. How can I get the copy of the investigation? Do I have to use the RTI Act yes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register